In order to apply for a Mississippi firearm permit, please follow the below steps:
STEP ONE: Click here to determine the appropriate fee.
STEP TWO: Chose the appropriate application and applicable form(s) below. Completely fill out the form(s), then print before you close your browser, or your information will be lost.
STEP THREE: Once printed, sign and date the application. Note: some forms are required to be signed in the presence of a notary.
STEP FOUR: Submit the appropriate application and affidavit in person (first time applicant) or mail (renewal), along with any applicable form(s) indicated in the application section Qualifying Questions, Special Designations and Enhanced Carry Option.
The renewal application and any necessary forms must be mailed to:
Firearm Permit Division at
P.O. Box 958
Jackson, MS 39205
When mailing a renewal application, forms of payment are: personal check, cashier’s check or a money order made out to Department of Public Safety. Do not send cash. Returned checks will be accessed a fee. Personal checks may cause a delay with your application process.
Applications (first time applicants) turned in to an authorized station, in addition to checks or money orders may also make payment in cash, credit or debit card.
- Concealed Carry Firearm Permit Application (IFP-APP-01)
- Individual Firearm Permit Instruction Manual
- Concealed/Enhanced Carry Renewal Application (IFP-APP-02)
- Individual Firearm Permit Renewal Instruction Manual
- Name/Citizenship Status Form (IFP-Form-01)
- Criminal Charges/Convictions Form (IFP-Form-02)
- Domestic Violence Crimes Form (IFP-Form-03)
- Military/Retired Law Enforcement Enhanced Carry Affidavit (IFP-AFF-03)
- Security Guard Permit Application
- Lost or Destroyed Permit Affidavit
- Firearm Permit Fees