PLEASE READ IMPORTANT INFORMATION BELOW CAREFULLY
Mississippi participates in the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Universal Enrollment Services (UES) Hazardous Material Endorsement (HME) enrollment program. HME fingerprint processing and enrollment will no longer be performed at local Department of Public Safety (DPS) CDL stations.
- Please visit one of the 340+ centers across the United States to start the fingerprint and enrollment process. Drivers can pre-enroll, schedule appointments, and find out what documents to bring to the enrollment center by visiting the following website: https://universalenroll.dhs.gov. FAQs can also be found on the website.
- Drivers renewing the HME should begin the process at least 60 days in advance of their CDL expiration date. Drivers can save time by enrolling, before taking the knowledge (written) test at their local CDL Station.
- Walk-ins are accepted at the UES Enrollment centers, but are not recommended, as appointments take first priority.
- Current Mississippi UES locations (subject to change) where the HME enrollment process can be started:
Jackson, MS 201 South President Street
Greenville, MS 819 Main Street
Gulfport, MS 1924 30th Avenue
Vicksburg, MS 1900 South Frontage Road
- Drivers can call TSA at 1-855-347-8371 for additional information.