PLEASE READ IMPORTANT INFORMATION BELOW CAREFULLY
On November 1, Mississippi will begin participating in the TSA Universal Enrollment Services (UES) Hazardous Materials Endorsement (HME) enrollment services program. Mississippi drivers will no longer enroll for the HazMat endorsement through their local DPS office; instead, they will utilize TSA’s UES network for enrollment in the TSA Hazardous Materials Endorsement Threat Assessment program (HTAP).
- MS DPS offices will stop taking HazMat related enrollment paperwork on October 22 and will complete all HazMat related fingerprinting/submission by October 31.
- Drivers can pre-enroll and schedule appointments for their HME enrollment at universalenroll.dhs.gov starting on November 1.
- UES HME enrollment information such as required identity documents (CDL, proof of citizenship, photo ID) and FAQs can be found at universalenroll.dhs.gov.
- UES HME enrollment services are available at 340+ centers across the United States. Mississippi drivers can enroll for HME at any of these locations.
- Walk-ins are accepted at UES Enrollment Centers, but not recommended, as appointments take first priority.
- Drivers can save time by enrolling for HME before taking their DPS CDL test.
- Drivers should begin the HME enrollment process at least 60 days in advance of their CDL expiration.
Current Mississippi locations (subject to change) where HME Appointments can be made:
- Vicksburg, MS: 2760 Highway 61 N
- Gulfport, MS: 192 30th Ave
- Greenville, MS: 819 Main Street
Further information on the UES program can be found at universalenroll.dhs.gov or by calling 855-347-8371.