DPS policy permits non-resident military personnel and their family to drive in Mississippi provided they hold a valid driver’s license from another state.
Any person in the armed services of the United States, holding a Mississippi driver’s license and being out of state due to military service at the time said license expires may renew said license by mail with the following documents:
- A photocopy of Mississippi driver’s license, social security card or official government correspondence displaying full 9 digits.
- First page of military orders placing you at your current duty station.
- Letter from your commanding officer stating name, driver’s license number and deployment status.
- Certified check made out to the Mississippi Department of Public Safety for $24.00 for regular renewal, $25.00 if expired or $11.00 for replacement of lost license.
- Self-addressed stamped envelope.
Office of Central Print
P.O. Box 958
Jackson, MS 39205