To be eligible, you must be at least 15 years old and able to provide proof of being enrolled in school. You must hold the permit for at least twelve months before you will be allowed to take the driving test. For the 14-year-old learner’s permit you must be able to provide proof of being enrolled in a driver’s education program from the school that you are attending. The 14-year-old permit is only good in the driver’s education vehicle with the driver’s education instructor. You must meet all other requirements. The 14-year-old permit is a very limited permit when you reach the age of 15 you must apply for the regular 15-year-old permit before your 12 month's time frame will count towards being able to take your driving test.
You must provide the following (No Photocopies Accepted):
- A completed Application with notarized signatures of both parents or guardians. If parents are divorced, parent with custody must sign.
- A social security card or official government correspondence displaying full 9 digits.
- A certified Birth Certificate. Must be original or certified copy (No Photocopies Accepted), have a raised seal and be issued by the Bureau of Vital Statistics or State Board of Health.
- If under 18 years of age, you must show proof that you are in school by presenting a signed Certification Of School Attendance form obtained from the school that you are attending. (Note: This form is not valid if over 30 days old.)
- Over 18 must show 2 proofs of Domicile.
You must pass the written examination.
You must meet the required physical conditions of the eye examination.