Non-US Citizen Driver’s License or Identification Card
In Mississippi, the minimum age to receive a driver's license is 16 years old.
All applicants must provide the following:
- Any official immigration papers, i.e., I-94, valid visa or resident alien card
- A completed and signed Application
- Original Birth Certificate or any acceptable documents
- SSN Card or an official government correspondence displaying full 9 digits (click here)
- Two proofs of Residency
- Legal Documents are required if going by new name
A non-US citizen must meet all requirements for obtaining a driver’s license, i.e., all required documents, knowledge and eye exam or identification card as applicable. (For more information, view the section regarding a Regular Driver’s License). The license or identification card will be valid as determined by the applicant’s length of stay or no more than four (4) years.
(All submitted documents must be in English)
The Driver Service Bureau highly recommends all applicants make an appointment at dps.ms.gov/appointment.