Veteran Designation on Driver’s License / Identification Card
If a military veteran wishes to have “VET” designation on their driver’s license or identification card, they must provide one of the following documents:
- Certificate of Discharge Form DD-214,
- Military Retiree Identification Card,
- United States Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Identification Card,
- United States Department of Veterans Affairs Identification Card, or
- National Guard Form NGB-22.
The veteran requesting the “VET” designation may present their supporting documentation in person at any Driver Service Bureau Station (click here). All applicable fees apply when purchasing an original, duplicate, or renewal driver’s license or identification card.
The Driver Service Bureau highly recommends all applicants make an appointment at dps.ms.gov/appointment.