College Students

Out of state residents attending college in Mississippi may drive on their home state’s issued license.

Mississippi residents attending college out of state may renew their Mississippi driver’s license by mail with the following documents.

  • 1. Copy of college student identification card
  • 2. Notarized letter from college on their letterhead stating that you are a full-time student.
  • 3. Copy of driver’s license or social security card.
  • 4. Certified check made out to the Mississippi Department of Public Safety for $24.00 for regular renewal, $25.00 if expired or $11.00 for replacement of lost license.


Office of Central Print
P.O. Box 958
Jackson, MS 39205