ENHANCED ENDORSED PERMIT
To obtain the enhanced endorsement on the firearm permit, please submit the documentation that fits your circumstances from the list below.
Documentation will be needed for first time applicants and renewal applicants in addition to the completed application.
Current permit holders wishing to add the endorsement will need the documentation and their current permit. No application is required. There will be a $15.00 duplicate fee.
- If you are a civilian who is also applying for the enhanced carry endorsement, you will need a copy of your certificate for completing the qualifying 8-hour instruction course.
- Active-duty military including active reserve may obtain the enhanced carry endorsed permit by supplying a copy of your active-duty orders with the application.
- Veterans, including Disabled Veterans, may obtain the enhanced carry endorsed permit by submitting the Military/Retired Law Enforcement Affidavit (IFP-AFF-03) and one of the following:
Certificate of discharge form DD214 or form NGB 22 with
Military Retiree Identification Card
- Honorably Retired Law Enforcement may obtain the enhanced carry endorsed permit by submitting the Military/Retired Law Enforcement Affidavit (IFP-AFF-03) and a retirement letter on the retiring agency letterhead, stating the applicant honorably retired from said agency and a letter stating that you have completed a certified Law Enforcement academy.
- Current Active Law Enforcement as defined in Section 45-6-3 may obtain the enhanced carry endorsed permit by submitting a letter of employment, with the official letterhead of the agency or department for which the officer is employed at the time of application and a letter with the official letterhead of the agency or department, which explains that such officer has completed a certified law enforcement training academy.